Plantation Shutters make a beautiful and subtle statement as a window covering in your home. There are many pros to having plantation shutters installed and these include:
- They are unique to your home
- Long-lasting as they are made with solid materials
- No cords or chains needed, making them very child and animal friendly
- Excellent insulators – keeping warm air inside in winter and the heat out in summer.
- Very low maintenance
- Attractive in any home and can have colours to suit your interior design
- Available in a range of materials including wood and PVC
- Separate operation of each section gives excellent light control and ventilation
Features & Benefits of Plantation Shutters Central Coast
Plantation shutters are fast becoming a popular and stylish window covering for your home or office. They are stylish when used internally or externally and can really add a sense of class to your room.
Plantation shutters have wide horizontal louvres often blades or slats of wood, glass, or metal. Each blade or slat varies in width depending on the blade size you choose.
Plantation shutters used to be installed externally, but today they are installed internally as well. They can be moveable or fixed, however, moveable ones are a much better option should you wish to let light in or block it out.
Our shutters are made using 3 premium materials:
PVC, Basswood and Paulownia.
- PVC shutters are waterproof, so they can be installed in bathroom and kitchen areas. There are 8 standard colours for PVC shutters, with custom colours available.
- Basswood Shutters are one of the most popular products and they provide you with a natural style. They also provide strong construction to keep their shape true. There are 10 standard colours for Basswood shutters, including 5 wooden stained colours. Custom colours are also available.
- Paulownia Shutters have a straight texture, the material is light and soft with a strong grain pattern. There are 10 standard colours for Paulownia shutters, including 5 wooden stained colours. Custom colours are also available.
Plantation Shutters help with Light control and Reducing energy Consumption
The way the plantation shutters are built with the louvres helps to control light and ventilation. The openings allow sunlight to come in while letting air move in and out.
Plantation shutters can help keep the heat of a Central Coast summer outside and the warmth inside in winter. Depending on the thickness of the louvres will depend on how good the shutters work at reducing energy consumption.
The Team at The Blind Crew will be able to work with you on the materials you want your shutters made from and the colours that you want to suit your home decor.
What is the Best Material for Plantation Shutters Central Coast
Several factors come into play when deciding on shutters for your home. Some of the defining factors include the size of your windows, the location of your home and the existing interior decor in rooms.
All plantation shutters have wide louvres as the common factor, however they do not all have the same durability, beauty, and versatility. This will come down to the material you choose for your shutters.
PVC material for Shutters
Poly Vinyl Chloride has been a preferred shutter material for many households. PVC shutter slats can’t be decorated as the edges come with sealing caps. PVC is the best option if you are looking for a shutter material the is moisture and heat resistant.
Basswood is known to be one of the best materials in the world for plantation shutters. Basswood offers inimitable flexibility when it comes to designing and styling. Basswood shutters can be sanded, painted and stained to any choice of colour.
Paulownia, also called Phoenixwood is a hardwood that is very soft. The paulownia tree is native to China and readily found across Asia. It is an extremely fast-growing tree, making it a less expensive timber and a fantastic option for your shutters.